It is a type of essential oil that has various health benefits. This is made up of the extracts of the Citrus limon peel. It is generally used to relieve stress, treat mood swings This also helps in the weight loss process. The other ailments it can work upon are acne, athlete’s foot, warts to name a few.
Where can you find it?
It is available in various online medical or non-medical stores like YESWELLNESS. It is also sold in several organic food stores and those that specialize in self-care items.
Some of the benefits of the Lemon Essential Oil
- Anxiety – It is well -renowned as a natural stress aid. If you take in the aromatic oil, this will accelerate the serotonin and dopamine production in the body that will work towards truncating anxiety.
- Mood – Some primary research has suggested that the essential oils can work as a mood enhancer. Inhaling the aroma of lemon essential oil does nurture relaxation.
- Weight Loss – Some of the research done on the lemon essential oil has shown that it is effective as a weight suppressant. This is also capable of components that affect the body’s metabolism rate such as cholesterol and triglycerides. However, there is still a lot of studies that are required to be done before coming to a final conclusion whether or not the essential oils can be used as weight loss aid.
Some of the ways you can make of this essential oil
- You can apply the lemon oil at least once every week on the toothbrush in order to disinfect it. This will keep the toothbrush and also your mouth both fresh and clean.
- Also, you can apply this oil on fingernails and toenails to avoid fungus growth. Try to add on a few drops of this on the affected nails at least a few times in a week to see its effects.
- After you have cooked a good feast for your lunch and dinner you may find out that there is still a strong odor of the dishes around the kitchen that you are not finding it too pleasant. What can you do? Heat up a pot of water and add a few drops of the lemon essential oil. Soon your kitchen will be filled up with a refreshing smell from the lemon-whiff coming up from the boiling water.
- Lemon essential oils can be applied on the heels that have cracks on it when left open in the cold weather. Apply a solution of it ( prepared by adding the oil in a spray bottle with distilled water) into the feet before going to sleep every night to get a soft and moisturized feet.
- Another important use of this lemon essential oils is to erase the odd-looking greasy marks left on dishes or plates after you have prepared and eaten a well-prepared feast. This works relatively well on the hard surfaces.
While there is no concrete scientific conclusion of any finings that the lemon essential oils as a treatment for any condition, using the healing scent has significant benefits for both the mind and body. Just make sure you consult a doctor before putting it to use to ensure if your likely to face any adverse conditions on using the essential oil and also what can you do if you have encountered any such problems.