Mini gastric bypass vs gastric bypass comparison is essential while searching for these bariatric surgery alternatives for weight reduction. Your selection will depend on several factors like your general health condition, body mass index, personal goals, and your surgeon’s assessment. As a complete conventional gastric bypass surgery Tucsonis more famous; you might be a candidate for a mini bypass under particular conditions.
The benefit of mini bypass vs gastric bypass is that it would lessen your surgery period in the operation room, simplify the weight loss process, and curtail the threat of problems.
About conventional gastric bypass surgery
A complete laparoscopic gastric bypassis considered the gold standard among a range of weight loss surgeries. The procedure is currently mainly done using the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass method. The procedure aims to minimize your stomach size so that your capacity to eat and stock up food is lessened. Besides lowering the stomach’s size, your surgeon will bypass or re-route your small intestine to reduce your calorie intake.
What is a mini gastric bypass?
A mini gastric bypass, also called single anastomosis bypass, is a comparatively less invasive bariatric surgery to eradicate excess weight. The process combines some of the most efficient weight loss properties of a conventional gastric bypass surgery Tucson and gastric sleeve. Your surgeon would separate the upper part of your stomach into a hose and then connect it to a ring of your small intestine to make a bypass.
How the mini gastric bypass procedure performed?
- An anaesthesiologist will put you under local anaesthesia, and general anaesthesia or IV sedation.
- Your weight loss surgeon will make four to five minor cuts (about 5 to 10 mm each) to carry out a keyhole surgery.
- Through the cut, your surgeon will staple the upper part of your stomach to make a new gastric pouch.
- The stomach and the lower section of the intestine will be sewed together to bypass the duodenum.
- Your surgeon will then shut the cuts with fine sutures and put a compression garment near the spot.
Cost of both mini bypass and gastric bypass
Mini bypassis a much more affordable procedure than gastric bypass. It might cost around $20000 in the United States, while a gastric bypass can cost about over $25000 in the US.
Explore more to find out the difference between gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.